Sweet and Salty Pecan Snack Mix
Nutty Chex mixes are the perfect snack to satisfy an on-the-go craving. Our sweet and salty pecan snack mix recipe is a treat that will last in your kitchen for weeks — if it isn’t eaten first!
Snack mixes are a classic pantry item because they’re perfect for any age or situation. You can double this recipe and put it in a large bowl for a party. Throw in some extra spice or savory bits like dried jerky, and you have a yummy appetizer.
You can customize this recipe for whatever works best in your household. If you’re a fan of spicy pecan snack mix, you can be generous with the cayenne or add spicy sesame sticks. Want some extra sweetness? Add a few chocolate chips after the mix cools down.
Pecans are at the center of this salty snack mix, making it a treat you can feel good about. These nuts are a great source of fiber, unsaturated fats and antioxidants. Every member of your crew will want in on this treat, and you can change up the recipe every time you make it again.
Ready to try this snack mix recipe out for yourself? Use our natural pecans for a fresh, delectable taste.
Sweet and Salty Pecan Snack Mix Ingredients
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 cups Chex cereal (based on preference)
- 2 cups pecans, halved or whole
Sweet and Salty Pecan Snack Mix Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan or microwave, melt the butter into a liquid.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt and cayenne to butter and mix until smooth.
- Put the Chex cereal and pecans in a large mixing bowl, then pour the butter mixture over it. Toss until coated.
- Pour mixture over two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the mix from the oven and break up any large pieces. Cook in the oven for another 20-25 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the sheets from the oven and let the mix cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Break up the mixture and place in a large bowl or bag. Store at room temperature for up to two weeks. Enjoy!