Healthy Apple Cranberry Feta Pecan Salad
A refreshing salad can hit the spot. Whether you want an appetizer for a big meal, a side salad for a light lunch or a salad you can beef up with a side of protein, our pecan apple cranberry salad fits the bill. You can use fresh or dried cranberries, making this a perfect dish for any time of year.
Apple Cranberry Feta Pecan Salad Ingredients
- 6 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup of pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
Apple Cranberry Feta Pecan Salad Recipe Directions
1. Chop the lettuce into small pieces. Add the lettuce, pecans, cranberries, cheese and apples to a medium bowl.
2. Put the olive oil, vinegar, juice and lemon zest, sugar and poppy seeds in a blender or food processor and pulse several times until thoroughly mixed.
3. Drizzle the dressing on top of the lettuce mixture, toss and serve. The recipe makes four servings.
Variations and Serving Suggestions
Want to turn the salad into a complete meal? Chop up several chicken breasts and serve them with the salad. For a vegetarian-friendly meal, add chickpeas or falafel instead.
This salad makes an excellent accompaniment to any meal, and it goes exceptionally well with soups or harvest-type main courses. You will love the contrast of the puckery cranberries alongside savory roasted turkey or a squash soup. Add a side of crusty bread for a fantastic way to round out your meal. You can also serve the salad on its own as a light lunch.
While we use romaine lettuce in this recipe, you can substitute spinach for a burst of vitamins A and C. You can vary the dressing slightly according to your taste or, if you’re in a hurry, grab a bottle of poppy seed dressing at the store and substitute it for our homemade version. Whatever adjustments you make, you and your family can enjoy this hearty salad. Shop our pecans to find the perfect accompaniment to the salad.