Chicken salad with cranberries and pecans is an easy recipe to make and an absolute crowd-pleaser. Enjoy it as-is for a snack, or try it as a meal, on toast, in a wrap or with crackers — even use it to top your baked potatoes!
What You Need for Cranberry Chicken Salad With Pecans
This chicken salad recipe with cranberries and pecans uses everyday ingredients, is delicious and will soon be a favorite in your home:
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of roasted and salted pecans, chopped
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of red onion, diced
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
Feel free to change up the recipe, replacing the salted pecans with raw or maple crumbles pecans. If you aren’t a fan of cranberries, substitute them with other dried fruit, dates, sweetcorn or honey-fried bacon bits.
How to Make Chicken Salad With Cranberries and Pecans
Chicken salad with pecans and cranberries is easy to make, and you can prep it at the start of the week. Try it as a side to steamed vegetables or with any of the food combinations mentioned above. Make this recipe in a few easy steps:
- To start: Add the chicken, pecans, celery and cranberries to a bowl. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Next up: To make the dressing, combine the yogurt, mayo, lemon juice and seasoning. Mix it.
- Complete it: Finish the salad by combining the dressing with the chicken mix. Garnish with snipped dill or parsley, and sprinkle on some additional pecans for texture.
Pecans are versatile and packed with protein, healthy fats and fiber. Use them as nutritious snacks, toss them in your salads like in this recipe or bake with them for the ultimate nutty goodness.
Health Benefits of Pecans
Pecans are nutritional powerhouses offering various health benefits:
- Supports heart health: Pecans are brimming with magnesium, potassium and calcium, which help lower blood pressure. These nuts are also a source of healthy monounsaturated fat, known for lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- Manages diabetes: Snacking on pecans helps you feel full and reduces your craving for high-carb foods, keeping blood sugar in check. Pecan nuts also have a low glycemic index and don’t cause blood sugar spikes.
- Relieves arthritis: Pecans are packed full of omega-3 fats, which reduce inflammation and ease pain associated with arthritis. The magnesium, fiber, calcium, zinc and vitamin E in pecans also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Prevents diseases: Zinc and vitamins A and E help support your immune system and are all found in pecans.
- Boosts nutrition: Pecans contain minerals and vitamins that promote healthy skin, bones, muscles, nerves and eyes.
Buying Top-Quality Pecan Nuts Online
Pecan Nation specializes in planting, growing and distributing pecans, ensuring you get the highest-quality nuts with the best taste. Pecans are high in antioxidants and low in net carbs, making them a healthy addition to any salad and great as a snack.
Get your quality, USA-grown pecans online today!