Are you in charge of this year’s Thanksgiving feast? Try out this easy turkey recipe with pecan stuffing! Balancing sweet and savory, this turkey recipe is sure to please all your guests.
Cranberry-Glazed Turkey With Pumpkin and Pecan Stuffing Ingredients
- 1/2 cup flaked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8-10 lb whole turkey, giblets and neck discarded
- 2 bunches of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 5 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- Finely grated zest from 2 oranges
- Juice from 2 oranges
Pumpkin and pecan stuffing:
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 onion, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup of speck or choice of meat, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cup butternut pumpkin, coarsely grated
- 2 cups fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1-2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
Follow this Thanksgiving turkey recipe to impress your friends and family this holiday season!
The Day Before
1. Brine the turkey by combining the salt and sugar and rubbing the mixture over the turkey and inside the cavity. Place the turkey breast-side down in a deep roasting pan, cover and chill overnight.
2. Combine all the cranberry sauce ingredients in a bowl. Leave at room temperature overnight to help soften the cranberries.
The Day Of
1. Rinse the turkey with cold water and use a paper towel to pat it dry. Spread the rosemary across the bottom of a deep roasting pan and place the turkey on top, breast-side up. Let it sit for 1 hour to bring it to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Combine the stuffing ingredients in a bowl then fill the turkey cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen string once full.
4. Combine the oil and butter and brush over the turkey. Add 2 cups of chicken stock to the pan.
5. Pour the cranberry sauce into a separate deep pan and add the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock. Place the turkey on the middle oven rack and the cranberry sauce on the one below. Roast for 20 minutes or until the turkey is slightly golden and the sugar in the cranberry sauce is dissolved.
6. Remove the sauce from the oven and set it aside. Rotate the turkey 180 degrees. Reduce the temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for another 1 hour and 20 minutes.
7. Rotate the turkey 180 degrees again and pour over the cranberry sauce. Continue to roast, brushing the turkey with sauce from the pan every 10 minutes. Continue roasting and brushing for 40 minutes or until the thickest part of the turkey reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Remove the turkey from the oven, loosely cover it with foil and let it rest for 20 minutes. Drizzle the turkey with sauce when serving.
Elevate your pumpkin and pecan stuffing for your turkey with pecans from Pecan Nation. Shop our selection today!