Whether you are looking for the perfect holiday treat to share with your loved ones or just want a warm and delicious dessert to enjoy on a chilly day, try these chewy blondies. The combination of buttery pecans and warm maple syrup is sure to delight everyone’s taste buds.
The ingredients you’ll need for these maple pecan blondies include:
- ¾ cup brown butter
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup dark maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- White chocolate chips or maple sugar candy, optional
The key to the perfect maple blondie is the maple syrup you use. Pure dark maple syrup is the best for this recipe since it is harvested later in the season, meaning it offers a stronger flavor.
Be sure to toast your pecans to bring out their best flavor and aroma for your blondies. You can toast the pecans by laying them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and placing them in the oven at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until fragrant.
To make these maple pecan blondies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Allow the edges of the paper to come over two sides of the pan for easy removal after baking.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, stir the flour and baking soda together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. The blondies should be set but still soft.
- Let the blondies cool for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
These maple pecan blondies are tasty on their own, but you can also serve them with vanilla ice cream, butterscotch sauce, or whipped cream.
Store in a sealed container at room temperature for up to three days or in the freezer for up to two months.