Maple Pecan Overnight Oats
Overnight oats have become an overnight sensation. Everyone seems to have their favorite twist on this fun recipe, which allows you to prep your breakfast the night before, put it in the refrigerator and pull it out the following morning, ready to eat. It makes a perfect weekday morning breakfast for the days when you have little time before work or getting the kids out the door.
Oats are a nutritious way to start your day. Packed with fiber and low in sugar, they will sustain you through a morning of activity and keep away the hunger pangs until lunch. You can vary our recipe slightly according to your mood, adding fresh fruit like blueberries or stirring in extras like peanut butter. Customize the recipe as much as you like, and you’ll have a new treat every day.
Our recipe makes one serving, and you can double or triple it depending on how many people you want to feed. You can also eat half a serving and complement your breakfast with fresh fruit or yogurt.
Maple Pecan Overnight Oats Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup skim milk or dairy-free milk, such as soy or almond milk
- 3/4 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
Maple Pecan Overnight Oats Recipe Directions
1. Add all ingredients to a small jar or bowl — you can use an empty peanut butter jar for the perfect on-the-go container. Just recycle the jar when you finish.
2. Stir all ingredients thoroughly. Make sure you cover the oats entirely with the milk, or they won’t soften correctly.
3. Put the oats in the refrigerator overnight. You can keep them there for up to 36 hours.
4. To serve, remove the oat mixture from the refrigerator and stir. Make sure the chia seeds haven’t clumped together.
If you prefer your oats hot, you can microwave the mixture for up to a minute or add it to a saucepan to heat up quickly. For a fun twist on your oats, choose different types of pecans to add. You can shop our nuts to find fun flavors.