Pecan chocolate chip cookies are the ideal little indulgence to share with your loved ones — the chocolate pairs perfectly with the pecans’ savory, nutty notes. The result is a cookie that’s chewy in the middle, crispy on the edges and lip-smackingly delicious.
What You Need to Make Choc Chip Cookies With Pecans
Having a sheet of just-out-the-oven cookies takes only a few ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raw pecans, chopped
Swap the coconut oil for butter or 3/4 cup of olive oil. If you love salty-sweet combinations, consider using salted and roasted pecans. If you believe the sweeter the better, try our maple crumble pecans. Or, give your cookies a delicious spicy twist and try cinnamon pecans in the recipe!
How to Make Choc Chip Cookies With Pecan Nuts
The recipe for pecan choc chip cookies is simple:
- Get started: Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with baking parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine away: Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whip the coconut oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Then, combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix until everything comes together. Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Prepare and bake the dough: Use a tablespoon to roll the dough into balls. Add the cookie balls to the tray and keep them 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until the edges are golden. Then, remove the cookies from the oven to cool.
- Eat ’em hot: Enjoy the cookies fresh from the oven once they’re cooled, or seal them in an airtight container to devour later.
Why You Should Be Nuts Over Pecans
Pecans pair perfectly with sweet things, as these delicious pecan choc chip cookies demonstrate! Did you know that pecans are also super as a healthy snack? America’s native nut has the lowest net carbs and is the nut highest in antioxidants. Some pecan health benefits include:
- Anti-aging properties
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Lowered risks of cognitive diseases
- Boosted heart health
Order Your Pecan Nut Snack Stash
Pecan Nation exclusively deals with pecans. We handle the process from the orchard to your door, ensuring you only get the finest nuts for snacking, cooking and baking.
Browse and shop our extensive pecan range today!