Delicious Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole Recipe
Sweet potatoes have a unique spot at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Everyone young and old loves the slightly sweet taste of these nutritious root vegetables, which can complement just about any flavor. It’s no wonder everyone prefers them in a dish like our Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole. The potatoes’ natural taste shines when they’re accompanied by something slightly sweet.
You will want our casserole year-round, not just at Thanksgiving, so you can make it whenever that craving kicks in. Even if it’s hot outside, it’s still an excellent time to enjoy sweet potatoes. The recipe comes together in a flash, giving you more time to baste the turkey or play with your kids.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pounds of sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Sweet Potato Pecan Casserole Directions
1. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Boil water in a pot and add a large steamer basket with sweet potatoes. Cover the pot and steam for 25 minutes. Take them out and give them a few minutes to cool.
3. In a bowl, stir the honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, other spices, salt and egg together until smooth. For best results, use an electric mixer. Add the sweet potatoes and mix for another minute or two, until smooth.
4. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the sprayed baking dish. Combine pecans, brown sugar and remaining cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle on top of sweet potatoes. Bake for up to 45 minutes.
Have some fun and experiment with the type of pecans you use in this recipe. Choosing different flavors will bring out different notes in the sweet potato mixture. You may enjoy a maple or gingerbread pecan instead of toasted. Order different flavors from our website and see which ones you like the best.