The classic combination of chocolate and pecans tastes amazing, and the best part is that this treat is easy to make. If you crave something sweet and want to enjoy a healthier snack alternative, chocolate-covered pecans are your answer! Pecans have the lowest net carbs and highest antioxidants of nuts. Also, because you are making this recipe, you control the amount of everything you include.
Here’s how to make chocolate-covered pecans in minutes.
Chocolate-Covered Pecans Recipe Ingredients
These dark chocolate-covered pecans only require a handful of ingredients to make:
- 2 cups of roasted and salted pecans
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Sprinkles, honeycomb or white chocolate, optional
You can roast your own raw pecans if you prefer a certain flavor. And, of course, you can experiment with pecan flavors — imagine chocolate-covered gingerbread nuts, cinnamon nuts or maple nuts. Yum! Add a bit of salt to garnish if you use a sweeter pecan flavor.
Any chocolate chips you like will work. Also, you can use heavy cream as a substitute for the coconut oil.
How to Make Chocolate-Coated Pecans
Making these chocolate pecans is easy and you can experiment with them. The general recipe includes:
- First up: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Then, add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and dollop on the coconut oil. Microwave it on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir, repeating the microwaving process until the chocolate is melted. Don’t rush the process or your mix may split.
- Next up: Now, take your toasted and salted pecans and dip them in the chocolate. Place them on the tray.
- The final flourish: To elevate your chocolate pecans, grate honeycomb over them or add rainbow sprinkles or white chocolate shavings. Allow the chocolate to set on the tray or in the fridge. Enjoy as a snack or a family treat.
Pecans are America’s native nut, and when you buy them from Pecan Nation, you can be assured of their superior quality and taste. Pecans are incredibly good for you and are known to:
- Slow signs of aging.
- Reduce cancer risk.
- Lower chances of cognitive disease.
- Contribute to heart health.
Order Your Healthy Snack Pecans Online
Pecan Nation exclusively sells pecans! We oversee the entire production process — from the orchard to shipping it to your door — to deliver high-quality and delicious pecans for snacks, cooking and baking.
Shop our range of healthy pecans today.