If you like cheese, you’ll love this festive cheese ball with a crushed pecan coating! It is incredibly easy to make and always tends to be a crowd-pleaser. All you need is a few ingredients and some time to let it sit in the fridge. It’s the perfect holiday appetizer for gatherings of any size!
Pecan Cheese Ball Ingredients (Serves 10 – 12)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces of cheddar, shredded
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, grated finely
- ¼ of a white onion, grated finely
- 1-2 dashes of Worcestershire or hot sauce (optional)
- About half a cup of pecans, chopped finely
Pecan Cream Cheese Ball Instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, garlic, onion, and (optional) sauce.
- Use an electric hand mixer to mix until well incorporated (you can do this by hand if you wish).
- Roll the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- About 30 minutes before serving, roll the cheese ball in crushed pecans and press gently so they stick.
- Serve with crackers, bread, and/or sliced veggies.
Substitute your cream cheese with mascarpone and turn your cheese ball from a savory treat to a sweet one! Add cranberries and cinnamon pecans to give it that extra holiday taste.