A homemade snack mix is a perfect treat for your next hike, road trip or movie night. You can enjoy the sweet and salty goodness of our candied pecan snack mix with this simple recipe loaded with health benefits.
Otherwise known as pecan Chex mix, this snack is an irresistible combination of our favorite ingredients. The best part? You can customize it however you want! If you like some extra sweetness, go ahead and add chocolate chips. If you’re craving a sweet and spicy duo, you could add wasabi peas for a yummy kick.
The candied pecans are key to this Chex mix’s sweet flavor. Plus, pecans offer 19 different vitamins and minerals. This yummy, healthy mix is perfect for on-the-go or at-home snacking. And it’s easy to make, so feel free to double up so there’s plenty to go around!
Ready to make a snack that will get you excited for lunchtime? Try this recipe for candied pecan Chex mix, featuring our natural pecans.
Candied Pecan Snack Mix Ingredients
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups pecans, halved or whole
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of cayenne
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 4 egg whites, whisked
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut shavings
Candied Pecan Snack Mix Recipe Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 300°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugars, cinnamon, salt and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a second large bowl, mix the pecans, Chex cereal and pretzels. Add in the egg whites and stir for two minutes.
- Toss the sugar mixture into the large bowl with the cereal. Mix until everything is coated.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheets and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sheets from the oven and toss the mixture to break up any chunks. Return to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the mix is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, break up the mixture into a bowl or bag and enjoy!
If you want to include chocolate chips or other meltable ingredients, add them after removing the mixture from the oven and letting it cool. This mix can last for up to two weeks in the pantry when sealed in a bag.
Check out our Holiday Pecan Mix Here